Sunday 1 January 2012

The many faces of courage

I've see courage in many places
In people's eyes and on their faces
I've seen courage in the movies and also in the news!
I've seen courage in the street and sitting on the very edge of my seat!
Sometimes it seems a bit wild but at other times it seems quite mild! 
But no matter where courage is found it can be found in the heart 
Of man, woman and child: even in the animal kingdom in the wild
In the man across the street: in a neighbour right next door
Even on the ambulance floor!
I've seen it in the faces at my church as people stand in front of many to preach
I've seen it is hospitals and ERs, in policemen in motor cars
In fire fighters and army forces as illnesses hit and take the courses
In the concerned faces of mother and child
Whether meek or maybe even mild but the greatest courage I've ever seen
Was in a mother in the hospital as she cared and watched her dear child
No matter what the world would bring: nothing would make her leave that child
Though child knew not who was there: that little child beyond all care
Would die and go upon her way: just like another born to her.
As I listened to the nurses tale: my heart grew sad and tears were shed
For my two girls though ill that night would live to see many years go by.
But her dear child had no where to go: her skull too small; no space to grow
No matter what that dear mother did: the truth from her could not be hid
How strong a little mother must be to know that soon; eventually
Another of her dearest ones would depart this earth 
Soul take leave of all the love she'd given there!

No comments:

Post a Comment