Monday 23 January 2012

The Storm

We were walking outside when the wind changed
The gusts appeared and seemed to say
"Look out, don't stand in our way!"
Then the little raindrops fell and made their way
To earth and we could feel the change
As the air was tumbled round and round
The trees were swaying all their limbs
The sky was greying and we heard the sound
Of raindrops as they plopped and bounced
Onto the dry dusty ground around our feet
Our hair was pulled to and fro and
The wetness started to show upon our clothes
And the moisture cooled our sweaty brows
As we raced to get inside before the thunder reached us
So quickly the front came in as the clouds approached
And covered up the once blue sky in swirls of darkness
I heard the rain upon the roof as it splattered
And then when the water poured on down
Our pleasure turned to frowns and the sound got louder
We'd been flooded just a short while ago
You'd never even know that water or that flow
Could be so deep and mean and grow into
Such a torrent so deep and oh so fast
Now my heart was beating like a drum
As the house began to thrum with the sounds
Of the loud rain and thunderstorm
As it poured the heavens down
The gutters were overblown in minutes
As I watched the level rise I could see it happen
All over again, just like December 2010
Lord I was afraid and as I felt my pulse quicken
I prayed and called Thy name
And was rewarded by calm as the storm was raging
I knew we were all right as I watched the lightning strike
And heard the thunder roar above us
My trust was renewed within me as I saw the truth
That Thy strength was mine as well
All I had to was ask and you were with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment