Wednesday 18 January 2012

Secret harbour

When times are tough and life is hard
I rely upon another place for comfort
'Tis then I retreat into myself
'Tis then that my other secret self appears
Where prayer and close communication
Are the ways I use to cope with my life
I summon my extra help and
The dear angels come to comfort me
For my fears and my tears
They take away my earthly pain
And make me feel safe again
As they embrace me and touch my hurts
I feel a peaceful balm enclose me
As I surrender all my earthly pain and tears
To their unearthly care.
So each night when midnight comes
There I am within their care
As I drift away in dreamy peace
To restful comfort and sleepy joy
Until its time to greet another day
And go to work again
For my dear Lord's earthly ministry

No comments:

Post a Comment