Sunday 1 January 2012

Sixteen years to fifty four

At sixteen years I was so young: though my mind at war
My body it decided it was ready this world to explore!
Unready and ill prepared to face that hormonal tide
I wanted to experience the world's roller coaster ride!
So into gear I threw myself : without a care or thought and
Found myself near drowning: so far away from port!
Lord I'm sorry for testing you: now I have so many thanks
To give unto you from then!
As I look back through my life I realize at last
That you were ever with me then: though I recognized it not!
How your dear angels kept me safe along that stupid path
I'd set myself to travel down: without a sturdy rope!
Thank God you saw it all and helped me thus to cope!
My naivete knew no bounds: my brain was not aware
Of how I could entangle myself in every wily snare!
That was laid out for me: to step into and then
To catch me unawares until I finally reached my senses and
Locked behind those fences that were there to protect me still!
My stupidity knew no bounds: my mind assumed I knew
All there was to to know! How stupid of me still
To think myself so world renowned: I utterly despair!
Of how you might have looked at me and shook your head and smiled
"What trouble my sweet child is in and yet she knows it not!"
Lord I have to thank you heaps because you sent your angels dear
To keep a wary eye on me as I failed those traps to see!
Entered in that lion's den; How often you saved my life
Not realizing then that you were ever near to me
Even when I knew you not as such but even then my saviour sweet
You were then and are mine still!
I thank you Lord for keeping me safe
So I could finally meet you in my mind and soul and
Find that eternal life was my ultimate goal!
Oh dear Lord I shudder to think of all those stupid things
I did before I had that inkling to let you into my life and allow my saviour to be!
My sordid life in equating sex with love?
My sacrifice to anyone who wanted me for that one thing only?
How could I understand your love? No lessons given me!
How could I really have seen? How off the track I found myself
Without the faintest glimpse or knowledge of my course
How lost, alone and scared: I now do see how much you mourned for me!
But though you gave your life for mine: it is only now I see
How much I hurt your loving heart: in allowing myself yo be
That stupid little lonesome tart: off seeking on the completely wrong path!
Now as I've cried and cried because of the pain that I caused Thee
My heart is ready to understand exactly how much you grieved for me!
My sins were so many: I'm sorry Lord to say
I'm sorry I hurt you so: the tears and blood you shed for me
So unworthy still I feel! and never will I forgive myself 
For those precious tears you shed for me: that precious blood
That flowed because of one unworthy life!
Your life before me goes: I long to thank you personally
I long to be at your side to ever and eternally
Serve you my dearest Lord: for taking upon your dear sweet brow
That worry for my soul!





No comments:

Post a Comment