Saturday 14 January 2012

Letter to my Lord

I've read about your life: I've seen it on the television
But it's how you touch my heart that really makes me believe
For so many long, long years I didn't know you at all
I felt like I was so lost: alone to face my fears
I didn't know you were with me: I didn't understand
It took so long for me to find you: yet you were there all along
Dear Jesus how I do love you! How I worship your dear soul
It is with great sadness that I read about your fall
How I cried my tears to think of what you willingly gave for me
How could I ever feel worthy of what you did for me?
Never could I ever feel right that you should take away my pain
Ever will I be thankful that you should deem me worthy
To see your face again
Dear Lord I await your coming in the clouds with power and glory
How I long to greet you and feel your loving showers of purity
It is only with your help dear Lord that I am here at all
For without your loving kindness: without your gentle angel's hands
I would be as nothing: just burnt stubble grass
Lord I dedicate my life to you: I offer what I am
I know I am not worth much but what I have I give for you
As I thank you daily for giving your ever-lasting life for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment