Wednesday 18 January 2012

Oh to wash His feet

In my desperation to gain
My dear Lord's forgiveness
I realize there is not much
I truly have that is worthy
To give Him in return
For His wonderful gift to me
That gift of life so dearly bought
Makes me feel such terrible shame
For all the many stupid things 
That caused Him so much pain
As He mourned for me!
Yet my Lord, I would give Thee
All I own and as for this
I shed my tears for Thy great gift
I would gladly cry me a river
Of tears to cleanse Thy feet
Those dear sweet feet
That walked those miles for me
And after having shed those tears
I would gladly dry Thy feet Lord
With my hair, to show my love
My thanks would never suffice
My simple prayers never seem enough
But dear Lord these are all
I have to give in return
For Thy precious blood
That was spilled for me
On Calvary!



No comments:

Post a Comment