Saturday 14 January 2012

Inspired by Elizabeth Barrett Browning 1806-1861

How do I love Thee Lord? Let me count the ways.
I love Thee when I do arise to watch the sun rise.
Then my soul does reach up to Thee upon the softest breeze
I feel Thy love in every breath that from my lungs do squeeze
As oxygen into the very depths of my body does spread
I fee l Thy Godly creation in every pore of my being
The way my heart does pound and sends my blood around
I feel Thy wondrous creation in this lifeblood springing forth
The way a magnet finds its way to the true and real North
I feel the energy buzzing in me as my senses come alive
As if my being were the very centre of a buzzing bee hive
I feel the way my brain begins to feel and sense around me
As I feel and touch and hear the very sounds of life that do abound in me
My eyes are open and I do see the colours of Thy love in every living thing
I feel Thy loving touch upon my brow as I start to think and pray
And wonder how wonderful it is to be alive on this special day
To be a part of Thy beautiful world and yet to be
Such a tiny speck of sand upon the longest beach
O purest white and gleaming sand along the mightiest of seas
That tosses and turns with such power and strength
And in the midst of all this; I am because Thou hast made me!




What I am, I am by Your grace!
What I see, I see by Your grace!
What I feel, I feel by Your grace!
What I hear, I hear by Your grace!
What I touch, I touch by Your grace!
What I know, I know by Your grace!
With out You Lord, I am nothing!

No comments:

Post a Comment