Sunday 1 January 2012

The perfect wife

I overheard a conversation months ago
Of what a perfect would do
She'd wash the clothes inside out
And keep the home spick and span
No doubt!
Alack, alas, guess what?
The perfect wife I am not!
Though I try to be the best I can
I guess I'll never be perfect for that man!
Maybe if I had a maid or butler
Had I then the time?
To iron pants and mend a seam or ten
What then?
Is perfection then the only goal?
Or maybe a little happiness?
Would that be so droll?
Never mind I say!
There's got to be an easier way!
Perhaps a robot Rosie I could send
To keep house and home for them!
Those ones who are never satisfied
Though I cry and try and try!
If They're not satisfied
Then they can do it all themselves
And see how easy it is then
To be their own maid now and then!

No comments:

Post a Comment