Thursday 19 January 2012

The healing power of my Lord

As I lay me down to sleep
My mind just will not sleep
Until I say my prayers and thank the Lord
For the blessings of the day
And this is what I say.
The Lord's prayer first of all!
Then as my mind is led along
My heart bursts into song
As I praise Him.
I know He doesn't mind that my voice
Is not that strong or tuneful
In my heart I know He hears
And knows I love Him dear
And He understands my fears
And calms them.
As I ask for His healing power
I feel the angels draw near
And I feel their ministering touch
As I ask for nothing much
But for His blessings.
The joy I feel inside
As I smile and open wide my mind
To raise myself up above these troubles.
My prayers are for everyone I know
Who might be in pain or simply alone?
In sadness or illness prone.
I ask for His many blessings
As these come my way I send them up
Into the sky to pour upon those dear ones
For whom my prayers are said.
In love and grace not withstanding
The strength and love I feel
As I allow myself to be surrounded
By blessed angels from above.
And the Holy Spirit guides me
The strength and wonder grows as I feel
The loving touch and caring hands that heal me.

No comments:

Post a Comment