Sunday 1 January 2012

The Greeting dance

I know as I walk toward you I will feel a sudden chill
You look at me and then ask me how I'm feeling?
And Yeah, I know the drill! I answer "I'm fine thanks!"
Even though that's not how I feel
But if I try to say so you immediately seem so still!
You really don't want to know! You've too much on your mind!
It's just the standard enquiry: I hear it all the time
It's like a little dance: it's like a little rhyme
First you ask the question: I answer like on ice
You seem a little interested but you're just being nice!
I know the status quo! I know you want me to go!
You don't seem to realize that   only came to say "Thank You!"
For the help you gave me last time! 
I'm not here for more from you: I'm just being nice
So I answer as expected: move around a bit until
I can slip out the door and wish I could disappear at will!

No comments:

Post a Comment