Sunday 1 January 2012

Tears like rain (Rocky Page)

Tears like rain, laughter and pain
How do these go together? I'll explain!
When Rocky Page was entertaining
Fundraising for the High School
I'd gone along to see him and enjoy the fun
It was at Glossop so many years ago and
I'd missed my dear friend so I'd gone to see her as well.
The show was just starting and volunteers were called
So up I went to see if I could share in the fun that was planned!
A whole row of chairs there for us to all sit down in neat little pairs
Rocky was hypnotizing: lots of fun to be had there!
Now; me being stubborn and not easily led:
I listened and tried to be good but those words as they drifted
Around in my head: I couldn't do those things he suggested
I was too young and too embarrassed
To kiss the guy next to me; let that be understood!
So I just sat there and pretended to be asleep
Un-hearing of the words he said to me!
After that little bit he let us go back to our seats
I was right up the back on top of a chair
As the next bits of action were beginning to stir! 
I was watching another lots of peeps
Getting their trances and singing out loud
One was a chicken; a rooster no doubt!
He clucked and preened to the hypnotist's words
Then stopped as suddenly as he's started before!
One sung like Elvis and ground his hips around
The rest I don't recall; but fun it really was!
Then as I was laughing so hard at the fun
Those tears started to flow: they poured like rain
I was laughing so much! that it was hurting to breathe
But the weirdest part was that the tears wouldn't leave
So there I was all tuckered out from laughing and crying
As I turned to look around to see
If any had noticed this weird little bout
Nobody was looking at me at all:   was relieved to take note
As I was so embarrassed to be seen in that weird unfathomable state!
Well, thank you dear Rocky: you've been gone for a while
I hope you'll be pleased that you're remembered still
I remember some of your jokes you told that night
I laughed until I cried and I'd never done that before
So that was really wild! Emotions are amazing things and
For that night my heart really did take wing!





1 comment:

  1. Martha my friend, it was you I missed so much! I was hoping to see you there that night!

    ReplyDelete