Sunday 1 January 2012

Walk a mile in my shoes

Hey I'm not trying to whinge and whine: I'm just trying to survive
I just wish that you could feel this pain inside of me
I'm sorry if you think I whinge: I'm sorry if you think I whine
I'm just trying to let you see I need some sympathy
I don't expect you to really understand but
If you could just think a bit of me you might finally really see 
That this pain is here today and it makes me what I am
This pain controls my day: it steals away my sleep
Makes me feel so incomplete because it hurts me oh so deep
If only you could walk a little while, maybe a little mile 
In these pain-filled shoes of mine you might get to understand
This is not what I planned: this is not how I'd choose to live
I'd much rather be pain free: If only you could see and
Walk a mile in my shoes: you'd understand my needs
You'd appreciate maybe that you're not me
That you are so lucky to be so free of pain and
Thank the dear Lord up above that it really isn't fun
To walk a mile in my shoes!

No comments:

Post a Comment