Saturday 14 January 2012

Help for the underdog

I am for the underdog, I'm for the weak
I'm battling for the ones who have
No tongues with which to speak
I'm asking you to think of those who cannot walk
I'm asking you to think of the ones who cannot even blink
For the flies that do torment them
As they try their lives to live
The ones who come from overseas, whose families cry out?
The ones who have no food to feed their little ones at night!
The whole world needs to share the load!
I know this is the hardest road!
But how can you not think of how you would feel?
If you lived in that stink
How would you feel if it was your child?
Lying in the dark, not having food to feed them
A few grains of rice or nothing but thin gruel?
One small meal a day, their parents far away
Trying to earn their keep
No clean water to drink
No transport to the nearest town
No town there-of to speak
Lord how do we feed them all?
How do we do that job?
How can I make some difference?
To ease their suffering and pain?
Lord, help me to reach the ones
Who might be able to make the change?
Help me! Help me Lord! To aid them not in vain!

No comments:

Post a Comment