Saturday 28 February 2015

Acupuncture to ease headache

She came to me with the headache from hell
So much pain to be seen in her eyes 
I understood: could see it all: could tell
Been there: felt so out of control: realised
She felt so lost: in tempest tossed: yes: hell
Desperately need help: needed relief
I sought those pressure points I knew would
Ease that pain that overwhelmed beyond belief
I began to massage her scalp: oh so tight
Those muscles cramping out of control
That pain was so unbelievably strong
It was obvious what was necessary: hold on
The massage oil was soothing: but slow to work
She tossed her head around like a wild eyed horse
I prayed those pain killers would ease: not go berserk
Then I brought out those needles: just a few
Though she hated them: I knew it then
But in desperation I did the only thing I knew
In her pain she agreed: do anything: please
Help me mum: take away this crippling pain
So I pressed those needles into her unwilling flesh
Knew how wonderfully they worked: yes it's true
Knew just what they could do: I'm telling you
Those needles helped me out so many months ago
She was amazed at the relief she felt: instantly
As those fine needles sunk into her hands
Though she hated to admit it: they hit it
Right on the proverbial head: and instead
Of continued pain: there was a lull
Just enough to release her from that strain
Ah thank God for acupuncture needles
Thank God for the ability to help
Another person: another soul in need
A wonderful blessing indeed! Amen



No comments:

Post a Comment