Tuesday 17 February 2015

Washed away

Left my footprints upon the sand
As I walked along the beach today
My thoughts were drifting here and there
My mind heavy: full of all my cares
It occurred to me to turn around to see
How many waves it would take to erase
Those footprints I had left behind me
I guess it's just another day: another phase
Of this life my Lord has given to me!
My mind is troubled for my family
You see it's coming soon
This one year anniversary
Sadness fills my heart because its true
Our family is feeling sad: missing you
So as I contemplated this; my life
As your carer, spouse, lover, wife
My thoughts turned inward to look and see
The worries that now trouble me
Our children suffer for our miseries
Our children remember so many trials
Yes, the sadness is there behind the smiles
Some days are worse; believe you me
And though I try they just cannot seem to see
That praying to our dear Lord above
Eases the burden for He is full of love
Though raised up to praise the Lord
They wander far away and suffer in accord
I cannot always be there to lift them up
But in my prayers I know they will always be
So, now, as I think upon this sadness
Think upon all of these things that pain
I know that I am able to continue on
For it is my Lord who carries me
When I cannot go on; cannot see for these tears
Yes my dearest one has been beside me all along
When I am weak: He is strong!

As I turned around and watched those waves
Obscuring my footprints: washing them away
I counted up; one two three four
Those footprints were gone: obliterated
Those foot prints could be seen no more

Is this the way that life continues after all?
Is this the number of our lives: our fall?
Do we live and learn or just get washed away?
Do we become a forgotten distant memory?

Oh Lord it seems such a crying shame
That life goes on without us: yes it does!
Should we pass away: should we succumb?
Should we just fade away: yes fade to grey?

A long forgotten; distant memory
That is simply washed away
Just like those footprints
That I left upon the sand...





No comments:

Post a Comment