Wednesday 4 February 2015

Swimming at Mannum

I've been swimming in the river
Having a great old time
Going up against her flow
Trying to get some exercise
I didn't care about the temperature
Didn't mind the cooling waves
For there was something more
Yes something that I craved
It brought back those memories
From many a long year ago
When we were young and free
The times have changed...
This I know but even so 
I had the best relaxing times
Yes, I used my snorkel
And my goggles too
Flippers were a must you know
I'm not as young as I once was
I couldn't see very far ahead
For the water's murky now
But still I was refreshed and glowed
Whenever I came back to shore
It became my daily habit
To jump in and give it a go
And I found I loved it still
Just alike all those many years ago!



No comments:

Post a Comment