Tuesday 10 February 2015

Swimming at Martin's Bend

Had a beautiful swim in the river tonight
At Martin's Bend in the River Murray
At Berri in the Riverland in South Australia
The river was so quiet and peaceful
There was hardly anyone around
One family enjoying their together time
It was a peaceful experience to be sure
After a long day of driving to Adelaide
It was such a pleasure to relax there
Yes it was just what I needed to escape
The stress of the long, long day in the car
So I jumped into the river and swam
Straight across to the other side
An egret was sunning itself upon a tree
Sitting there watching me: waiting
Should it fly away? Should it escape, flee?
Ready, flapping it swings a little just in case...
I touched the tree branch beside the bank
Turned around and headed back
I headed up stream and felt release
My breathing was smooth and so easy
I just zoned out and enjoyed the peace
The water lapping at my goggles 
The quiet of being slightly underneath
Just beneath the surface: but blinded
For the murky water was difficult to see through
I could just see my hands before my face
Nothing else was visible to me
I was not afraid though for I had prayed
The Lord to take care of me
Keep me safe: help me feel free
Ah the peace was simply amazing
I was so happy to be swimming freely
And as I headed back to the banks
The warm water lapping at my face
I felt so wonderfully relaxed
So blessedly calm and at peace!








No comments:

Post a Comment