Friday 27 February 2015

Kissing frogs

They say you have to kiss a lot of frogs
Just to find your prince: I guess it's true
But what is a girl to do?
How do you find your prince?
How do you go about this chore?
Do you simply go out into the world?
Take your chances as you explore?
Do you offer up your wishes like a prayer?
Do you crawl around the pubs: oh beware!
Do you think it happens like a charm?
Do you fall in love just like that: what harm?
Well I've seen a lot of frogs out there
Seen them hopping around without a care
Taking scalps along the way: a new girl
Yes: every single day: what more can I say?
That is definitely not the way!
So what do you do? How to find that path?
That leads to happiness: what a laugh!
Do you ask the universe to lend a hand?
Allowing your thoughts to rise up and out
Yes; into the atmosphere: up, up and away!

Well I said a prayer or two just recently
Asked the Lord: yes: decently: please supply
A good hearted man who loves the Lord
A man who is trustworthy: honours his word
A man who is kind to animals: good with kids
A  man who will understand my blessed work
A man who will love me like I wish: as I deserve
A man who loves to laugh and have some fun
A man who enjoys walking hand in hand under the sun

Do you think he answers prayers like these?
I'll let you know when I hear back from Him!


No comments:

Post a Comment