Wednesday 18 February 2015

The anchor

Swam along the reef
Searching underneath
The surging waterline
Seeking: hoping to find
The anchor: yes it's true
Someone told me about it
So I decided to look for it too
I found that anchor
Covered in coral, barnacles too
It hardly even looked as it should
It had been there a long, long time
It was difficult to spot I'm telling you!
Once it was the safety anchor
Ready to be deployed
To save the ship from drifting
Out into that deepest empty void
Then as I was looking 
It suddenly occurred to me
Don't we all need an anchor?
Something that will help us to cling
To The Rock for safety
To hold us close; stop us drifting
Too far away: it's so very true
Jesus is our Rock of safety
His words: our anchor in heavy seas
Yes we need to hold fast to Jesus
For it is only through Him
That we can succeed
Only through Him that we are truly free!


No comments:

Post a Comment