Friday 27 February 2015

February is over

I can't believe this year is flying past so fast
Already: it's the end of February!
In just few more weeks it will be my birthday
Another year to tick off on the clock of life
Another birthday candle to blow out
Another excuse to eat some cake
But I guess it will happen no matter what
So lets just get on with life and do our best
Be thankful that we are loved; blessed!
As I said on my Facebook page
I am thankful for so many things
For the love of my family
For having a roof over my head
For having food to eat
For having a bed in which to sleep
For being able to enjoy what life brings
The chance to see the setting sun
The feeling of the breeze upon my skin
Hearing the laughter of my precious grand kids
As John Lennon wrote many years ago
We wait for things to come to us
While missing life that is happening 
Right in front of our eyes it flies away
Have we even seen the blessings of each day
Have we appreciated what comes our way?
Look around and take it in
Appreciate every tiny little thing
For you never know what tomorrow may bring...






No comments:

Post a Comment