Monday 9 February 2015

Along country roads

The road is long and winding
As time escapes each day
The kilometres fly past
As I travel along life's way
I love to drive my car upon the highways
It is relaxing for me to go away
The scenery just flies past
In myriad greens, golds and greys
I love the Australian bush
It is beautiful to my eyes
For I have lived in these lands
Ever since my first breath: I say
I've heard the bush birds singing
I've watched white clouds floating by
I've heard the magpies serenading
Telling me that rain is on the way
I've witnessed drought and dust storms
I've witnessed downpours too
Even stared in fascinated awe
As bush fires terrorised the day
I've seen  wombats wandering by 
I've seen mobs of kangaroos
I've even seen emus strolling
Searching for a grain or two
I love this barren country
It is my Aussie land I love
The reds and golds and greens
Of the sands and fields and trees
Yes this wide brown land for me!










No comments:

Post a Comment