Saturday 28 February 2015

Little monkeys

My little grandsons love climbing
They are no different to me
But what was natural in my days
Is not the same as today
We used to play outside
No matter the weather
No matter the day
It was all there was
No computer games to play
We would climb trees and have fun
Running about: all the time
No matter was it rain or sunshine
We'd build forts out of old bricks
We'd make things out of mud
There were no incentives 
To stay inside: it was always outside
That we would play
Walking over to visit neighbours
Chasing each other everywhere
Riding bikes if you had one
No matter what we did
We were always outside
On any given day
I am glad to see my grandsons
Climbing up on every single thing
For that was exactly what I did
Yes that's what I did for fun
So climb on up here boys
Yes climb all over the place
Get outside and have fun
Get some dirt all over your face
Climb up a tree and have fun
Go outside: yes out into the sun
Remember you're only a kid once
Make the most of being young!



No comments:

Post a Comment