Saturday 28 February 2015

Climbing trees

Today's stroll along the roadside
Brought back brilliant memories
Of childhood days and the many ways
That you can climb up amazing trees
The mulberry tree across the road
From Primary School when I was 6 years old
It was the best place to have fun
We climbed like monkeys up and down
Covered in those juices: yes every one
Our hands, legs, clothes and faces: purple
Those stains had to be worn off
No soap could remove them: not at all
It was just one of my happy memories!

The almond tree on our property
Out the back of Moorook: my favourite
I was up that tree no matter what
It was truly my very favourite spot
Ah those days I pretended to be
Absolutely anything or anyone at all
I spent so many days up in my tree
Year in and year out: what a treat!
I will never ever forget that great fun

The walnut tree at Kingston-on-Murray
It was the biggest walnut tree I've ever seen
The thickest branches, the shadiest leaves
When my girls were little they had their fun
The sounds the sprinklers made
As the water-birds spun and spun
Yes that tree was the best walnut tree under the sun!



No comments:

Post a Comment