Wednesday 11 February 2015

Birthday party

Went to a birthday party
Took my mum and dad along
The tables have been turned
It used to be dad who drove
Today it was me at the wheel
Taking my parents for a drive
My brother came along too
Today we were sitting in the front
With mum and dad in the back
When we were young it was
Reversed: us sitting in the back seat
Asking how much further?
Asking questions about the drive
My best friend's dad turned 77 today
Its been about 22 long years
Since I saw them last: wow time has passed!
His hair was totally white as snow
His face was exactly the same to me
Maybe just a few lines here and there
It seemed like time stood still
For everything else seemed...
Just like it used to be...yes it did!
Just like when I was a little kid!

No comments:

Post a Comment