Sunday 18 October 2015

Acceptance of my lot in life

They say the final stage of grief is acceptance
When that final piece of the puzzle falls into place
Then can we move forward and see an ending
To the sadness that has been overwhelming us
We grieve for many things during our lifetime
Not just for the passing of loved ones...
Many grieve for a youth that was short lived
Some grieve for love lost among the sand hills
Of time's stormy desert blast: buried deep within
Our memories: triggered by some timely ill
Others regret that they didn't take hold of love
Before it disappeared into that lonely sunset
Still others grieve for lost opportunities: vain regret
It takes a long time to get over many hurts
But eventually time heals all wounds: so they say
But I'd rather look up and be thankful for my life
Though I've suffered many ups and downs
I can still smile and look around me: appreciate
Every little thing that brings me joy: why employ
Sad thoughts when that just brings you down?
I have slipped and fallen many a time but
Should I continue on in that misery? No!
There is a better way to look at everything!
Give me those rose coloured glasses...
Give me my dear Lord's peace any time...
In prayer: I find myself at peace: within my soul
There is a surer understanding: acceptance is key
I thank my dearest Lord always: for saving
For loving me: no matter how I have fallen
He is there to lift me up: there to comfort me!
Amen








4 comments: