Tuesday 20 October 2015

Silence and shadows

If we lived our lives each and every day
Amid the silence and shadows at play
Could we ever appreciate I pray
How our Lord guides us along our way...
If we were silent for long enough
Could we see into the glorious dusk?
Could we understand these petty lives?
Could we be happy to trust and obey?
Without out shadows...
We could not appreciate the light
Without silence in the deepest night
We could never long again for morning sounds
Amid the silence I hear the echoing
Of a lifetime of searching for "The One"
God's blessed word: from Jesus it springs
He granted us peace by taking up our cross
He knew we could never bear the awful cost
All those times you prayed for me...
All those sins you carried for me...
Ah dear Lord I am at a loss: for I still cannot
Believe you wanted to save me from such pain
Never will I ever feel like I deserve your love
Sinner that I am I can never simply gain
This blessed salvation that we all may claim
It is only through you that we may enter in
It is only through your intercession that
We have any chance at all: you are our lamb
In our silence we give consent...
In your shadow: your blood you spent...
For you our dearest saviour were heaven sent
You came to be our "scapegoat"
Our sacrifice: our blessed saviour upon the cross
That we poor simple humans could be granted
A place in heaven up above...
That place we are assured...
Because of God's infinite love

No comments:

Post a Comment