Tuesday 20 October 2015

Happy Birthday George

A year ago, today was my friend's birthday
I still remember when they went away...
His whole family left for far away USA
We were little children then: now we say
I miss those days when we were young
I remember all our visits: they were fun
Those long ago days when we were young
Remember when we played together in the sun
Memories: photographs of childhood still remain
In albums: even on-line too: in framed displays
We drove all night to get to Geelong: interstate
Your family travelled to our home here in SA too
Many trips we travelled there and back...
Enjoyed those precious times: yes we did indeed
Swimming in Lake Bonney in the summer time
Cutting apricots in Harrington's hot cutting shed
Playing in the River Murray at Moorook...
Running through the grape vines at our block
Shopping in Barmera was really neat: the main street
The Barmera Hotel Beer Garden on Saturday nights
Meeting up with all our Hungarian family friends
Ah these wonderful memories: they never end
So Happy Birthday again my dear old friend
I pray one day we'll meet again: before too late
God bless you my dear friend: my good mate!



No comments:

Post a Comment