Tuesday 6 October 2015

Everywhere I turn

These days are never-ending
These nights even more so
I find myself remembering...
When you were still with me
Everywhere I turn...
These memories: come flying in
Ah my love I am so lonesome
I keep remembering: you are missed
At the Club: you called me
Was it many long months ago?
Ah my love: how I miss you
I miss those happier times
When we talked with each other
So many places bring me pain
As I remember once again
Days when we were happy
Was it that long ago?
Is there nowhere I can go?
When memories assail me
Oh Lord I am dismayed...
By these memories of you
Is there nowhere I can go?
That: memories do not follow
Is there nothing left for me?
But this endless drudgery
I exist: this is not living...
I sorrow: good I would borrow
Oh Lord I am trapped in this shell
Truly I am living in this hell...




No comments:

Post a Comment