Thursday 29 October 2015

Almost collided

I was driving along 
Seeking shade
Close to the shore
As I made
My way along 
The sun was shining
Too many cars
No trees
No comfort to be found
Had an hour to kill
Until I picked up the boys
Wanted peace and quiet
To still my crazy head
Found a shady place
Turned around
Parked my car at last
A cyclist came along
I wondered why
He explained to me
Him I didn't see
As I turned the bend
Said I nearly took him out
"That close" he said to me
Ah Lord I didn't see
I apologised
Profusely
It's true 
"I didn't see you"
I was lost in thought 
So totally unaware
I thank God he was okay
I certainly had no intention
Of killing anyone today
Or for that matter
On any other day
That
I would never ever want to do
Dear cyclist
Your guardian angel
Was surely
Watching over you



No comments:

Post a Comment