Wednesday 7 October 2015

The River

I have come to meet the river
As it winds around the bend
Flowing peacefully out of sight
I know just where it will end...
It flows to meet the ocean
Many long, long miles away
Yes I've come to meet the river
To stay a night along its bends
It is peaceful by the river...
Its beauty is it's grace
It does not hurry: ever
It takes it's time and then
When it is ready...
When it is time...
It will meet up and join together
Ocean water accepting it's sweet flow
It is old and slow and graceful
It is wide and peaceful
Most of the time...I know
But it can become a demon
It will take a life now and then
A young man died along this river
Just the other day...
Though many miles away
It is the very same river
That winds its way here today
I took a swim in the river
Felt it's cold embrace
I welcomed its cool reflection
Of my over heated face
I jumped in and resurfaced
Swam around for a little while
Thanked the Lord for deliverance
For she could have claimed my life
Treacherous to the unwary
Little children please beware
Never forget her deceptiveness
Though she looks at peace
Beneath her surface she merely sleeps
Ready to claim you if you fall




No comments:

Post a Comment