Wednesday 14 October 2015

Lost in the rubble

If I was lost in the rubble
Of this my crazy human life
Would you dig to save me?
On your hands and knees
Would you try to save my life?
Could you imagine the darkness?
Beneath the weight of tumbled stones
Each one a self made problem
Each a cold, heavy mill stone 
Tied around my neck...
Carried all alone...
Depression and oppression
Sadness and grief...
Turmoil from my childhood
More teenage angst
Larger stones from a life
That was never the best for me
Is this how Jesus sees us?
As we try to carry on alone
Lumbering beneath heavy weights
For which we could never hope to atone
Thank God for our saviour!
Thank God for our blessed lamb!
Jesus came to save us all
Came to carry our heavy loads
Took up our pains and sadness
These He carried all alone
Upon that cross on Calvary
He died to save us all
So mankind could be redeemed
By His precious blood... 
For our sins He atoned 


No comments:

Post a Comment