Friday 2 October 2015

Some days I cannot bear it

Some days I cannot bear it
Some days it becomes too much
These thoughts of sadness
Right here inside my head
I don't want to feel like this
Don't want to be so sad
I want to feel enlightened
Want to feel some blessed joy
Ah it is on those sad days
I pray for Jesus: my mind to employ
Restlessness: unhappiness: ennui
Is that not enough?
Satan trying to bring me down
Trying to trap me in his snare
I know he seeks to devour me
Seeks to keep me saddled there
But I will not give in to that viper
I will not cease my fight: my prayers
The battle rages on and on and on
In prayer I offer up my troubles
In prayer: yes upon my knees
Here I am the strongest
As I open up my heart and mind
Allow Jesus to come on in
I ask and He delivers
I seek and surely find
The door I knock upon
Is opened and I am
Warmly welcomed there inside
Angels watch over me
As I struggle to find my way
Yes this battle continues
Each and every single day

No comments:

Post a Comment