Sunday 4 October 2015

Lake Bonney revisited

Today I swam in Lake Bonney
It was 39 degrees Celsius
I took my two precious grandsons 
To cool down on this steaming day
I have never been there in October
Only in the middle of summer time
So today was a new experience for me
As well as sharing old memories 
We made some new ones today
I told them about my childhood
Shared some stories from my youth
Showed my daughter where we played
As kids: how we swam until we were blue
Our lips: shivering as we continued on
Refusing to get out and head for home 
Santiago and Zac had a great time 
Jumping off the old jetty: same as me 
All those many long years ago: as a kid
Told them about playing hide and seek
Behind the pylons: we played it too
I brought my own kids here...
About twenty years ago now
Michael made sand castles on the beach
While the girls jumped and swam around  
Another generation of children swimming
At Lake Bonney, Barmera: in the Riverland




No comments:

Post a Comment