Monday 12 October 2015

I Praise the Lord each day

I praise the Lord each day
I thank Him for my strife
For though times are tough
I am thankful for this: my life
Without the darkness
How could we appreciate the light?
Without storms
How could we understand peace?
Without the pain
How could we bear the day's release?
Without some sadness
Could we ever know happiness?
It is the contrasts that bring us
Toward understanding: the nature 
Of this beast: our life on earth
Our seemingly endless journey
Through darkest night
Into brightest day
It is only possible to cope
Because I know
Jesus is leading the way
He is my comforter...
He is my blessed saviour...
He wipes the tears from my eyes
He sends His angels in disguise
They are ever around us
Keeping us safe
Thank you dearest Jesus
For granting us all
Your blessed saving grace




2 comments:

  1. Beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. It is a blessed testimony to Jesus' grace that no matter our circumstances we can still smile and be thankful. Amen

    ReplyDelete