Monday 19 October 2015

Played me like a symphony

I was thinking about my lifetime
Thinking about so many things
The way that this life has led me
The way things happen: life brings
Lulls and crescendos: ups and downs
It reminded me of a song I'd heard
A couple of months ago it seems
About a woman and her "loving" man
Said he played her like a symphony
Hurt her: tore her poor heart in two
Lifted her up: dropped her down again
She was at a loss: she never knew
Just what it was that he next would do
Yes: he played her: pulled those strings
Twisted her until she'd bleed...
Played her like a symphony...
"You ruined me!" she cries in the end
Satan is the mastermind it seems
Concocts all sorts of tortures...
Where there is trouble and turmoil
There he leads: sowing those evil seeds
But in this life we lead we must turn away
From sin and evil doers: turn the other cheek
Allow God inside: ask Him for strength
For only through Him are we to make it
Only with Jesus; our intercessor; can we
Ever hope to win the battle: succeed
Turn your eyes upon Jesus: sinless is He
He seeks to aid us upon our life's journey
Allow Him to guide and protect you
As you go about your daily life
He and only He can save you from all strife






No comments:

Post a Comment