Tuesday 27 October 2015

Praying for forgiveness

I was praying for forgiveness
I was down upon my knees
I knew that God was waiting
To hear my voice: begging Him
Please, forgive me Jesus...
Please, forgive me Lord...
I have sinned against you 
I have lost my way it's true
I am sorry that I have fallen 
I am sorry that I was vain
I am sorry for transgressing
The laws you have given me
Please, Lord, lift me up again
I know I am not worthy... 
I know I am solely to blame
I looked away to my shame
I allowed wickedness to lay claim
I was tempted, gave in to sin
Satan grins at this new stain
Upon my honour I am ashamed
Please forgive me dearest Jesus
Please forgive me Father of all
I would beg for closer guidance
As I stand before your blessed throne

You heard my voice dear Saviour
You heard my earnest pleas
Now as I continue onward...
Please help me not to fall again
It is only with you near me
It is only through your saving grace
That I may enter into heaven
That there I may worship you: always



No comments:

Post a Comment