Tuesday 13 October 2015

Pink bubbles

Took my grand-daughter to the shops today
She saw some bubbles along the way
Pink bubbles tied to a sandwich board
Balloons to you and me but to her
They are bubbles of fun to be enjoyed
She had to have a bubble so we went inside
Asked the man if he could please provide
One pink bubble for my precious maid
He was kind and generous to a fault
Untied that pretty bubble and passed it on
Ribbon and all he presented it to her
Suddenly shy she turned aside...
So I accepted that pink bubble in her stead
She gladly took hold of that precious gift
Carried it proudly into the Coles store
There she spied many more but was fine
Had her beribboned bubble firmly in hand
The shopping went quickly just as planned
She's been watching "Tangled" quite a lot
Stood there calling out quite so proud
"Ever" "ever" "ever" to the crowd
Holding that pink bubble high: aloft
Smiling broadly as she held my hand
To the car we returned via the ramp
But then she turned around and led me back
Down two steps just because she could
Into the car to head for home
That precious pink bubble in her hand
An exciting adventure we shared this day
Thank you dear Lord for all the smiles
Best day I've had in quite a while...


No comments:

Post a Comment