Wednesday 14 October 2015

When I needed someone

I was lost and all alone 
For many long years 
Couldn't find my helper
As I struggled with my load
Felt so lost and lonely
Sadly it happened many times
In my own mind I was a loner
Searching ever for a friend
But no matter how hard I looked
It was just not to be my end
One day a stranger came
Bearing a black book in his hand
He offered me understanding 
He offered to hear my tale
Telling of the Gospel: of dear Jesus too
Showing me that I had a friend
Though of Him I never knew
It took a while to happen 
It took many lessons: but at last
I felt that peace within my soul
That blessed peace within my heart
I discovered that Jesus loved me
No matter how far I had fallen...
No matter what it was that I had done
He was there beside me all along
Jesus the mighty Prince of peace
Was my precious brother too
Walking right beside me...
As I struggled on through
Now as I look at my silly life
Now as I replay so many scenes
He was right beside me always
Invisible it's true: but He was there
When I needed someone...
He sent his angels too
Saved me from disaster 
Over and over again...
He was right there beside me
When I ran across the road
I still remember the look upon that man's face
That poor Semi driver...
Thought he would run me down...
The day that dad allowed me to drive the car
It was just across the road...
I was only 15 years old then
Had learned to drive dad's car
I drove with my friend Martha
"Just across the road"
Again a Semi driver came along
I panicked and turned in front of him
I remember the look upon his face...
How many more times that I do not know?
Did Jesus keep me safe from harm?
Too many to remember I guess 
But Jesus knows the count...
He has been right there beside me
When I needed someone
He came along on my crazy ride...






No comments:

Post a Comment