Saturday 24 October 2015

Create in me a clean heart oh Lord

How many of us would like to start over?
Erase all mistakes and errors: blot them out
Create a perfect new being: pure and clean?
Does anyone understand exactly what I mean?
Ah Lord it is with a heavy heart I pray: knowing
That you know all of me: see right through me
You: my dearest Saviour: have been with me
Throughout this life journey that is hurting me
You knew me before I was even born: it's true
There is absolutely nothing I can hide from you
Everything that has happened: all that I am...
You are aware of all my frailties: my faults
You know all of my traits: my strengths too
You know all there is to know: does it show?
Through this: my outer skin: all that I am: within?
Only you my dearest Lord do truly know...
All of this human that I am and yet you came
You carried my sins to the cross on Calvary
You bore my burdens knowing I could not
You shed your tears for the pain I caused
You gave your blood to wash me clean...
My filthy rags are turned to white raiment
Because of you...because of your precious gift
I am forgiven: cleansed: washed clean: made pure
Thank you my dearest Lord for saving me...





No comments:

Post a Comment