Saturday 24 October 2015

In our image


I thought that I was alone
That none of my children
Looked anything like me
They had their father's feet
Not my tiny little ones: neat
All had their father's pale skin
Not my olive complexion: son
All grew taller than me: easy
But now as I look back again
There are little pieces of me
Yes it's true: these I finally see
In shape of face and actions too
Temperaments are varied: true
Others recognise resemblances
From their perspective I guess
Could I ask for anything less
Now as I look at my grandchildren
There are so many things its true
Little bits of me coming through
I always fell over as a little kid
My grandson isn't the only one
I had a temper that quickly flared
Now my little grand daughter...
Is just like I was: has me scared
What are we going to do with these?
Temper tantrums: nothing less
But there are amazing insights too
My grandson and his auntie Shell
Could be twins: separated by years
One female: the other male: but wow
How amazing to see similarities...
They say we live on in our children
They say we only recognise habits
When we finally see them recurring
In our very own little miniatures
Our children: our grandchildren...
So much like us: so amazing true
And really if we think upon these
God made us in His image: blessed
We are fearfully and wonderfully made
If only, in all these crazy lives we lead
We could make the grade: we could
Be found worthy of all that Jesus gave
For us: poor sinners that we still are...


No comments:

Post a Comment