Tuesday 12 February 2013

Childhood memories of Rosa B



Martha and I used to visit Rosa B
She lived just across the road
Their family had an old concrete water tank
It was only half full; our swimming pool
It was so much fun splashing around
Just the three of us; playing in the sun
A mulberry tree grew right alongside
Giving us a bit of shade!

Just had a flash of their property in between
Moorook and Kingston-on-Murray
Right next door to my uncle and aunt’s place
On top of the hill; going down to the flats
I remember driving along the road on the block
With my dad: they were watering their vines

I went to my first funeral
When Rosa’s brother died
It was a sad occasion: everyone cried!
Such sadness and loss
The family moved away after that
They couldn’t live there any more!



1 comment:

  1. I remember that Roza's brother committed suicide (Karcsi was his name) sadly the family moved away after that sad event

    ReplyDelete