Monday 25 February 2013

Don't sweat the small stuff

I used to be one uptight mum
So stressed; so outta-sight
As a teen; I worried about my ears
I worried about my nose
You know that was silly
I do suppose!
Then later on
I used to worry if my poor kids
Dropped something in the car
Spilled a drink or food
Made a mess
What a fussy mum!
Now I know those little things
Don't really matter
In the end
There's so much more to care about
So many more important things
Things that really matter in the end!
So don't sweat the small stuff!
Don't worry about those little things!
They won't matter in another year
They won't matter in ten but
Other things will take their place
Like having kids listen 
With the important stuff!
Manners, telling the truth
Respecting others
Respecting themselves
Honouring their parents
Caring for our elderly
Caring for the weaker ones
Truly understanding the value of life!

No comments:

Post a Comment