Monday 11 February 2013

Lake Bonney

Lake Bonney was the place to go
During those hot summer days
The water was cool and inviting
The jetty was a fantastic place
When I was a little child
We'd climb up that ladder
Jump right back in
Over and over again!
Following each other
Up and down its full length!
It took me many years 
To finally get up the courage
To jump in from the deepest end
There was a diving board but
I was never game enough to dive
I would just do a pin drop instead!
We'd play chasey all around the place
Swimming underneath to hide
Behind those huge wooden pylons
Massive structure that it was!

I took my children when they were young
We made sand castles; had lots of fun
Soon I'll take my grandsons too!
Even though it has changed some
A huge storm has made a mess
Most of the old jetty is gone
But though it's changed
It's still the same in my memories
From all those long years ago!






No comments:

Post a Comment