Monday 11 February 2013

Lynnie and Lynton

I loved art classes at school the most
I was good at drawing and usually
Got my drawings put up on the back wall
I remember a picture of a yacht
A fisherman on the beautiful sea!
Lots of pictures we had displayed!
Lynnie didn't want to draw
Said she'd rather be the model
We were having a still life drawing class
I drew her portrait and it was good!
She asked me if she could keep it?
I wish now that I had let her have her way!
But I decided that I liked it too much and
Took it home one day
As I was putting away in my cupboard
I folded it in half! I ripped it accidentally!
I was so upset that I'd ripped it

And in my childishness; threw it away!
I was in grade six, only eleven years old!
When I look back; I am angry at myself
For not giving it to Lynnie 
As a treasured keepsake!
Lynton was her younger brother
He was a cutie that's for sure
He asked me to wait for him
In the future; along time ahead
But nothing ever happened
As we went about our lives 
So far away!



No comments:

Post a Comment