Monday 25 February 2013

Pain over beauty

Glenelg beach on a sultry Sunday evening
So unbearably hot for me
My mentalpause is overwhelming me
Hot flushes; can't sleep at night
My thoughts erratic at best
The need to feel that cooling water 
Over-rides all else!
Even the sand is cool now
The evening shadows are so tall
I walk into that welcoming water
Never suspecting any danger
I'm frolicking in the cooling tides
My flippers and goggles on!
I find a tiny beautiful sea shell
I see a little fish swim by
I am joyful in the total coolness
I am floating; watching life swim by!
Then; pain snatches away my brief respite
I am filled with its starkness
So opposite to my ease
Now I must cut short my cooling relief
I must seek the shelter of my daughter's home
The stinging grows hotter upon my calf
As I quickly retreat from that jellyfish
She rules the waves tonight!
I grab my things and start walking
I turn around to watch the sunset
Growing in its beauty but
I cannot stop to view this pleasant sight
Pain over-rides all splendour
It is stronger that any pretty sight!
I only catch glimpses of that pink hued sky
As I retreat up that cool sand
Nothing is as important
As reaching the safety of her home!

No comments:

Post a Comment