Wednesday 13 February 2013

My knight in shining armour

I had to move from my flat
Couldn't afford it on my own!
My "friends" decided
To move into a house
I was welcome too but
I was concerned as I'd just
Moved down to the big city!
Didn't know my way around
Was just getting acquainted
Just getting used to living where I was
Lelos Village off of Grange road
I was sort of comfortable there
I knew which bus to catch to Uni
All that simple stuff for someone else
For me it was safe and sound!
I was forced to move out
I'd advertised for flat mates
But I'd been used
Thought I was a big girl but 
Those blokes tricked me
Said they'd share the rent and bills
But their word wasn't worth a thing!
I had to take what there was
No choices left; too proud to go home
Too proud to ask mum and dad for help
Wanted to do it on my own!
But here I was! Stuck for choice!
I moved downstairs to share
No furniture here; just what he had
He offered me the use of his double bed!
I should have known better but
I was so naive! I trusted people too much!
He snuck into my room during the night
Thinking I was easy game
I was terrified; pretended to be asleep
As he pressed himself against my back
I had to get out of there
Lord I prayed for help!
My hero came to clean the carpets
He was my knight in shining armour
His carpet cleaning machine was his charger
He took me in and saved me from my fate!
But as we left that place we left a gift
For that guy who thought he'd try
My hero let the air out of all his tyres!






No comments:

Post a Comment