Saturday 2 February 2013

Ode to Isabel Allende

It's taken me quite a while
To understand your writing style
But now I am a convert
I must read more and more!
I finally see how your love of words
Can make a tale so pure
Thank you Isabel
For showing this love to me!
Your words they flow like rivers
They cascade and dance around
So beautiful and descriptive
Such a pleasure; your words to read
I've read Island Beneath the Sea
Enjoyed it very much!
My daughter loaned me two more to read
Daughter of Fortune and Portrait in Sepia
(I am only allowed to borrow these
As she will read them over and over again!)
Finished the first in a couple of days
The second I'm nearly through
But now I don't want it to end!
I want to know more and more of
The history of your homeland
The tales; adventures of Chile's people
Such a strong religious group
Faith is strong in your tales
Though such sadness I'm sad to read
But history is filled with
Those tales we don't really want to hear
They tear at our heart strings
They tear at our souls
They bring to life their dreams
Their life and soul displayed to all!


No comments:

Post a Comment