Friday 6 December 2013

Black hole

There is a little place I hide: deep inside
Those things that hurt me years ago: as a child
Those sins & things I cannot bear to know
Inside that deep black hole where no sun shines
They hide away; lost, forgiven: but never forgotten
For in my weakness as an adult: I am ashamed!
I cannot let anyone near: only fear will take me there
They are locked away: never to see light of day
For my mind is at a loss to cope: it says "Nope!"
"Those sins are too painful yet to bear: they sear!"
I am unable to recall those painful times: they bide
Right there: deep inside of my darkest days
Those angry spirits ride; as upon a stormy night
Thunder & lightning strikes: fire & brimstone sighs
Bubbling up from earth's central core: fiery hot
I cannot recall them at will: yet they linger still
Tiny glimpses breach my thoughts: linger still
But most are tucked away from sight & mind
Living there among their kind: in limbo's rind!






No comments:

Post a Comment