Thursday 26 December 2013

Teenage binge drinking

 I look around at all the news and TV coverage
So many teenagers drinking too much
Getting into fist fights & going crazy on booze
Even supposed young ladies are drinking too much
What is the matter with our teens today?
Do they not have any brains: are they mad?
Can’t they see that binge drinking is no good?
Can’t they see the damage that is done?
What ever happened to just having a few?
What ever happened to taking care of themselves?
Lord I know that times are tough but this is ridiculous!
Our youth are running amok: drinking, fighting, doing drugs!
When I was young I had a few drinks but hated it
Hated the after effects: the nausea & the head aches
I got merry a few times then gave it up: wanted to be in control
Over the years I have watched as times have changed
Seen the soft alcohol that’s been around: tried a few but
Realised a long time ago that it was not for me: declined!
I thank God that my hubby is not a drinker: not a wino
I thank God that alcohol has not reigned supreme in my home
There are enough stupid things to do without getting drunk
So much trouble abounds when teens lose control
So many deaths upon our roads because of stupidity
Now the rage is king-hitting someone for no good reason
Sometimes even causing another’s death: what the heck?

Lord help, us to help our youth before it is too late!

No comments:

Post a Comment