Sunday 29 December 2013

The end is nigh 2013

The end of another year is nigh
It's gone so fast: no wonder why
I'm getting older & older of course
Time flies past quickly: faster it's worse
For as I age: less gracefully I stumble
Dear Lord I pray: keep me humble
I am not so concerned about looks
It is more important to enjoy what I have
I love reading & writing my books
Rather than bother with the things I have not
Family is the most important thing but
Sometimes I am sad to admit: it founders
Silly misunderstandings arise: complicate matters
Then this life just hangs around in tatters
I'm so sorry my loves for the mistakes I have made
I'm sorry dear Lord if I've not made the grade
For though time passes I am ready to pass on
I am ready to rise up & conquer: arrive at my zenith
Yes dear Lord I am ready to full-fill my contract
Ready to admit I am stronger than ever
For my dearest one you are with me
You live here within me: of this heart you are a part
In my very soul you dwell; grant me life eternal
For though you went away I do await the blessed day
When you will return to take me away from this
I am bound to go with you: to heaven above
Ever surrounded by your love: ah 'tis heaven
Just to think on this: I cannot wait till I see you
I long to be by your side: to sit at your feet
For then my life would indeed be complete!



No comments:

Post a Comment